Hey! How is everyone doing so far this week? Are you wishing you didn’t have to wait so long for more Game of Thrones, or is that just me? In other news, wow! It’s not in the high 80s here anymore. Now it’s just the high 70s. That’s practically snowing, right? 😉
No matter what the temperature is, summer means sitting down with a cool drink (hopefully with a close proximity to a body of water). Nothing like being on the lake! I love Lake Superior in the summer. I could just sit and stare at it for hours. And look for agates, of course. Because pretty rocks are pretty. 😉
Here’s a drink that will definitely satisfy whether your hanging out at the plastic pool in the backyard with your kids, or chilling by the ocean. Strawberry iced tea for everyone!
This is a drink that’ll quench everyone’s thirst. Even though you’re brewing your own tea, and generally most kids I’ve met don’t really care for legit, straight-up tea, they’ll still like this because you have a bunch of pulsed strawberries to sweeten it. And you also add the beloved SUGAR. Good news, though. If you’re a fan of not-so-sweet iced tea, like me, you can adjust the sugar to taste. There are NO rules when it comes to iced tea satisfaction. 😋
Another fun way to customize this iced tea is to switch up the kind of tea you brew. The first time I used a standard green tea, but this version was made with an herbal peach mango blend. Yum!
Time to pour a glass and catch up on some Edna St. Vincent Millay. Cheers!
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 quarts water, divided
- 5 green tea bags (or your favorite tea)
- ¾-1 cup sugar, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Add strawberries to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium pot bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and add the tea bags and ½ cup of the sugar. Stir. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and add remaining ¼-1/2 cup sugar, depending on preference.
- Add in strawberry puree and lemon juice and stir until incorporated.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and add remaining quart of water.
- Chill and serve with additional fruit if desired.