Did everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend? Did you camp? Hike? Picnic? Barbecue? Eat a few marshmallows? I definitely did a little of the last one. 😉
Well…I have a confession. I’ve been a little addicted to s’mores lately. Just a couple posts ago I offered up these chewy s’mores bars. And not too long ago I couldn’t get enough of this delicious s’mores pie. And now that summer is unofficially here the obsession has grown. And this time they’re combined with a chewy, gooey brownie. What could be better?
These brownies are soft, fudgy, and dark. What’s your favorite kind of brownie? Some people love cakey brownies. Some belong to camp fudge. I’m fudge all the way. Nothing makes me happy quite like a decadent brownie.
So when you have a rich brownie that’s beautiful all on its own, why not add s’mores toppings to make them even more over the top? Sounds like a great idea with me!
These brownies are covered with toasted marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and just because we’re trying to climb the walls from a sugar high, you also have a nice thick layer of ganache drizzled over everything.
Are you in your happy place yet?
Now these brownies may seem to be a little involved. They do have quite a few steps. But most of that is just waiting for things to cool. Just let that time be yours to do your best imitation of the Cookie Monster chatting to Siri while waiting for his chocolate chip cookies to bake. (If you’ve seen the commercial, that’s pretty much exactly how I act whenever I’m waiting for something to get out of the oven. Haha.)
If you are craving s’mores like I am this summer, grab one of these beauties. They’ll definitely leave you with a chocolate-stained grin on your face.
- For graham topping:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- For brownies:
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- For ganache:
- 6 ounces Hershey bars, chopped (or other milk chocolate of your choice)
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- To make the graham topping, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix the crumbs, butter, and sugar until the crumbs are completely moistened.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and spread the crumbs out into a roughly ten inch circle.
- Bake for ten minutes, then allow to cool.
- Keep the oven on while making the brownies.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and chocolate together, stirring constantly.
- Once melted, set aside and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the sugar, vanilla, and eggs on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the flour until just blended, scraping down the bowl if you need to.
- Pour into your prepared pan. Bake for 28 minutes, then remove from the oven, top with marshmallows, and bake for another 12-14 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden.
- Allow brownies to cool.
- While cooling, prepare the ganache.
- Place the chopped milk chocolate in a heat proof bowl. In a small pan, heat the cream until it just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour the cream over the chocolate. Allow to sit for a minute, then stir until the chocolate is smooth and silky. Allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour most of the ganache over the marshmallows and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on the graham cracker crumbs, then finish by drizzling the remainder of the ganache.
- Allow to set up in the fridge for a few hours, then serve.