Hello there, sweet people!
How is the week treating you so far?
It’s almost hard to believe that it’s February here in Minnesota. On Friday it’s going to be 50 degrees! Crazy. If this keeps up all of the snow will be gone in no time.
And you know what it’s going to be before long…Valentine’s day…or as I like to call it, yet another excuse to eat chocolate, baby. Woohoo! 😉 Ahh, we haven’t had much of an excuse since Christmas, have we? Thanks, Valentine’s Day. 🙂 Here’s hoping that if you are bequeathed a box of chocolates this year, it comes with a chart detailing what the flavors are…so, you know, you can avoid those ones you don’t like. 😉
But one cannot live on chocolate alone…well, THIS ONE can, but I’m talking in general here. Haha. So between bites of hot fudge sundae or molten lava cake, you might want something savory. So may I suggest lovely, warm popovers?
Because nothing says lovin’ like a puffy little bun of deliciousness.
Because nothing says love like a popover smeared with honey butter.
Are you with me?
I mean, who even needs anything else on Valentine’s day? Forget a meal. Let’s just bake up some popovers, spread them with honey butter, and then bring out the chocolate, baby! 😀
Sounds like a meal to me!
- 1½ tbsp. unsalted butter, plus softened butter for greasing the pans
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ cups milk, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease popover pans with softened butter and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk and melted butter until smooth and totally incorporated. The batter will be thin. Set aside.
- When the oven comes to temperature, place the buttered pans in the oven to heat up for two minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and quickly add the batter to the popover cups, filling them slightly less than halfway. You should have 12 popovers.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, being sure not to open the oven door to peek.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with honey butter or maple syrup.