Christmas is so close I can almost taste it! Are you all excited? Have you finished your Christmas shopping, or do you leave it to the last second?
I can’t leave shopping until the very end. I just can’t deal with that. It doesn’t fit with my usual zen attitude. 😉
Well, we all have a lot to do, and there’s not much time left, so I’ll be brief.
But there’s always time for a little Christmas bark, right? I love recipes like this because they come together FAST, but they are also oh, so satisfying.
This is almond bark, peanuts, Rice Krispies, and chocolate. But even though it’s simple it comes together into a magical creation that elves will happily gobble up. Don’t turn your back, because this stuff disappears.
Let’s just say that if you leave it for Santa he might give you that Cabbage Patch Kid you always wanted, but never got. 😉
- 24 oz vanilla almond bark
- 1½ cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Line a lipped baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the almond bark in 30 second increments, stirring between each interment, until completely melted.
- Add in peanuts and Rice Krispies, and stir until completely combined.
- Pour out onto prepared pan in a thin layer. Top with M&Ms and press them in slightly so they stick.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate into a Ziplock bag and snip a tiny hole in one corner.
- Pipe the chocolate over the bark in zigzag lines.
- Let sit for an hour or so, until set. You may want to place in the fridge to set up if your kitchen is a little warm.