Hey, hey, everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far. My cat Oliver definitely seems to be having a good time. He got a good brushing the other day and now he’s trotting around the house like he’s seriously hot stuff. 😉
The weather around here is staying pretty moderate. The epic snow is completely gone and now it’s supposed to rain toward the end of the week. I’m so in the mood for spring, planting flowers, and walking around in the woods.
And with being outside more, that means less time is spent in the kitchen. But of course we still want a lil’ somethin’ somethin’ sweet to eat. We just maybe don’t want it to be a time-consuming three layer chocolate cake that takes hours to assemble.
Enter Chex bars. They are pretty much Rice Krispy bars, but with a different cereal. And they are pretty much the fastest thing you could ever assemble and call a snack. I’d call this one a non-recipe. But we all need those from time to time, right? And sometimes the easiest recipes are the ones that people keep coming back for.
And since this sweet treat isn’t drenched, drizzled, or submerged in chocolate, I’m going to call this a “healthier” option.
I know it has butter.
I know it has marshmallows.
Give me my little victory here, all right? 😉 I was *this* close to posting ooey, gooey fudge cake. 😀
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Chex
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Once melted, add the marshmallows and return to the microwave. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and add in the cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon until completely incorporated.
- Pat out into prepared pan and allow to set for fifteen minutes.